Since its release in 2020, Call of Duty: Warzone has quickly amassed legions of fans and cemented a position as one of the most popular games in the COD series. Despite this, the free-to-play game has also attracted negative attention due to the noticeable prevalence of cheating players online. If you are a Warzone player and you want to find out more about how people are managing to hack and cheat the game, there are a few key pieces of information that you should know if you want to stay safe and enjoy a fair shot when playing online:
How Are Players Cheating?
In the same way that online casino players can use the best available USA no deposit bonus codes to ‘hack’ real money casino games for free, there are countless players out there who have found new ways to exploit the Warzone game for their own gain. In response to the criticism surrounding cheating and potential vulnerabilities of the Call of Duty: Warzone game, Activision has made it more than clear that cheaters are not welcome. Despite this, some players have managed to find new ways to hack the game and exploit weaknesses for personal gain. Let’s take a look at 4 of the most common ways that people have been cheating the game.
- Aimbots: Aimbots are the most commonly used method of cheating the game, and essentially work like this: aimbots will automatically ‘aim’ at a selected body part of other players (most often the head for maximum damage), which means that players don’t have to aim manually and are naturally quicker off the draw. It can be really tricky to beat aimbots, no matter how skilled you may be on the battlefield. Aimbots have posed the most persistent problem for the game developers since Warzone first launch.
- Wallhack: As you may have guessed from the name, wallhacks allow players to essentially ‘hack’ walls by seeing through them. This leads to extremely unfair gameplay, as players who have used wallhacks can identify the position of other players and successfully hit them through solid walls. Wallhacks are the second most commonly used Warzone hack.
- Extra Sensory Perception (ESP): ESP is essentially a more complex variation of wallhacks, in that it enables players to not only identify the location of other players but also to track their health and vision (that is, where they are looking or aiming). ESP hacks are slightly less common due to their relative expense, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t hundreds of gamers using them to cheat online.
- Radar Hack: Radar hacks are fairly self-explanatory in that players can make use of the radar to pinpoint the exact location of all enemies on the map. Again, this results in extremely unfair gameplay as cheating players can gain the upper hand via the element of surprise and geographical dominance.
What is Activision Doing to Help?
Aside from sending out clear warnings to the players who choose to use cheats and hacks, Activision has also placed banning orders on multiple gamers who have been found to be playing dishonestly. As well as banning cheaters, the game has various systems in place to flag and counteract dishonest play:
- Security Monitors: The Warzone game now features dedicated security teams who monitor data around the clock to identify potential rule-breakers and irregular playing patterns.
- Hack Reviews: The Warzone team stays up to date with all of the latest hacks and cheats, which are commonly available and listed online. By reviewing the latest cheating trends, the team is able to act accordingly more quickly.
- Streamlined UI: At present, the game’s user interface is being tweaked to accommodate more seamless reporting of cheaters – the quicker a concerned player reports cheating, the quicker it can be dealt with by the team.
- Data Filtering: Once a valid report has been made, the Warzone team uses key data to analyse and filter cheating requests, which can then be processed more effectively.
What Does This Mean for Warzone Players?
Due to the saturation of Warzone hacks and cheats, playing the game can be a little problematic right now, especially if you’re facing other gamers who have dishonest tricks up their sleeves. Despite this, Call of Duty: Warzone remains one of the most engaging and popular titles of the whole game series, and is well worth your playing time. The implementation of new rules and systems designed to catch out cheating gamers can only work to improve the situation and ensure that everyone’s experience of the battlefield is the same. Remember to stay safe when playing online, and see you in the warzone!